Caring for your babies bum is no joke! After all, it’s the only thing we can say is sensitive, cute and stinky all at the same time. However, the health and comfort of your babies bum is no laughing matter. Disposable and Cloth Diaper’s have indeed come a long way. Disposables are more breathable than they used to be but come with absorbent chemicals that irritate some babies, while cloth diapers are soft and breathable too, I admit they can be a hassle.
If you want to reduce your children exposure to chemicals, cloth diapers are a clear choice. I understand that disposable diapers have a place in our modern world. However, cloth diapers have changed A LOT! It is a Good thing Cloth Diapers are making a comeback!
No more Pins to worry about!
Cloth diapers come with Velcro or closures so changing is just as quick as with a disposable diaper. Cloth diapers also come with improved designs to fit your babies shape. Cloth diapers also have waterproof bands and liners to prevent leaks.
The typical family spends around $2000 – $3000 per baby for two years on disposable diapers while cloth diapers and accessories run about $800 -$1000 if you wash them yourself. If you choose a diaper service, the cost runs closer to the cost of disposables around $2500 – $2800. But also keep in mind that you can reuse cloth diapers on any other additions to the family ; )
Top Reasons to use Cloth Diapers
- Eco Friendly – less plastic in our land fills momma’s! This of course depends on where you live, so please use common sense. If water is a premium where you live, then maybe this isn’t the best choice.
- Budget Friendly – The average child is potty trained by age 3. That equals approximately 7000 diapers. Do the math! That equates to about $4000.00 dollars!! A stash of cloth diapers, laundry detergent is far less my friend.
- Healthy Tu shies! – Made from cotton and NOT synthetic fibers like disposables, cloth diapers allow for air flow which is especially important for baby boys and keeps yeast issues away from baby girls.
- Comfort – This is a no brainer. A nice cotton cloth on your bum feels much better than the alternative. Besides, cloth diapers allow for better airflow and which means less diaper rash for most babies.
- Less Leakage – It is true! Cloth diapers keep poo right where is should be! (not leaking down your babies thigh, or creeping up their back waiting for the innocent finger check) Ewh.