The path to living a healthier life begins here!
Discovering what foods make your body feel, and work at its best is an adventure. Clean, organic food paired with routine exercise is known to change energy levels and boost your mood.
To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.
– Francois VI, duc de La Rochenfurauld
Make the Journey Fun
I love experimenting in the kitchen. Substituting conventional recipe ingredients for natural, organic foods that are healthier options for my family is always exciting! Discovering, exploring and trying alternative lifestyle methods has transformed the way I live my life.
One Step at a Time
Making changes in your daily routine is hard, but changing bad habits is even harder! My journey began with small changes such as; walking each morning, cutting back on simple carbohydrates and choosing meats at the grocery store that were free of hormones. Further down the road my walk turned into a run, and I added more vegetables into my meals and made the decision to switch from cow’s milk to almond milk : )
Shortly after I started running, I decided to hire a personal trainer. Why? For sore muscles and an achy body of course… just kidding. At the time, I didn’t know how to exercise correctly, and I wanted to learn. Like everything I do, I jumped in! Cardio, leg day, upper body, calisthenics, aerobic, cross training you name it. We did it, but most of all I learned what worked for me. What exercises gave me the results I wanted.
Top 4 Easiest Lifestyle Changes
1. Reduce the amount of simple carbohydrates
- White Rice – Replace with Quinoa
- White Potatoes – Replace with Sweet Potatoes
- Pasta – Veggie Pasta : )
- White Bread – Wheat Bread or 9 Grain
2. Be Picky with your Proteins
- Red Meat – Replace with Grass Fed, or Buffalo
- Chicken – Replace with Hormone Free, or Free Range Organic Chicken
- Fish – Replace with wild caught Salmon, Cod or Grouper
3. Love thy Veggies (especially the organic ones : )
- Eat more Broccoli
- Eat more Spinach
- Eat more Zucchini
- Eat more Tomatoes
- This list never ends so add your favorites and eat up!
4. Get Moving
- Dust off your bike and go for a ride!
- Join a low impact aerobics class.
- Find your inner kid, try a new sport. Most cities have adult leagues for all levels.